The EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
GDPR comes into effect on 25th May 2018. The ONLY personal data which is held by
beaconspot.eu is a user's email address (see Email privacy below). You must
agree to that data being held on beaconspot.eu for the purpose of enabling you
to obtain a new password, or you may request that it is not held. Should you
choose not to allow your email address to be held, your only option will be to
request that we delete your registration.
Your email address will not be used to send unsolicited e-mail, nor will it be
shared with any third party. We hold your email address for the sole purpose
of enabling you to obtain a new password should you forget it. Optionally,
(for beacon keepers only), it is also used to notify when their beacon is spotted.
EU cookie law (e-Privacy Directive) 26th May 2011
* For both registered users and guests, Beaconspot.eu uses one cookie (PHPSESSID) as a
* Beaconspot.eu does NOT use tracking or third party cookies, nor does
it collect personal information of any kind.
* When REMEMBER ME is used, two additional cookies are stored:
* The first (COOKNAME) contains user-id or callsign
* The second (COOKID) which is also a session identifier.
The Regulations specify that websites do not have to obtain consent where a
cookie is to be used for the sole purpose of carrying out or facilitating the
transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.